by Lindeka Qampi
What: Gay Wedding
When: 7th Aug. 2014
Where: Johannesburg, South Africa
1. Decoration: Kim Cordier was Décor person who was responsible in making the entire venue glitz in crystals, chandeliers, red and white and also incorporating rainbow/LGBTI colours in the garden and Reception area.
Important items on our wedding list were:
1.Venue, Food and drinks, Photography, Invitations, Guests, Pastor, Decoration, cake, Suits and shoes, Entertainment system.
3. Makeup artist: was Nomagugu Mwelase who is a beautician working in her own studio in Soweto and has been doing beauty work for quite a number of people in the entertainment industry that’s why we recommended her.
- Pastor John Klooper from the Andre Murray Reforming Church in Pretoria Brooklyn blessed our ceremony and we are the church members.
- Flowers exchange ceremony was the highlight of our wedding which portrait love and spiritual path as gay Christians.
- Venue Owner: we had a very good relationship with Barbara as we used to visit the restaurant at the venue; she eventually became our wedding planner.
7. On the Red Couch: We waited in the wedding suit to prepare our makeup, putting on our wedding suits, and conduct the interview with journalists from Inkanyiso.
We meet 2 years ago in Johannesburg and after sometime we decided to get married legally with a small private wedding of 30 people as guests.
We are staying together in Helderkruin, North West of Johannesburg.
We we have visited most restaurants and other venues around and eventually that led us in choosing Valverde Country Hotel in Lammar Moore, Beyers Naude.
It was the perfect wedding venue as it is outside Johannesburg, quiet and beautiful.
It actually took us 3 months to prepare for everything as we always knew that we will get married. We knew what we wanted luckily had very supportive and respecting friends and family in our lives.
Through commitment and sharing of responsibilities we were able to achieve it all although there were some hiccups here and there. We thank all people who dedicated their time and made our wedding to be the Best and Perfect thing in our lives.